|"Ye shall know them by their fruit," |
By approaching these issues from a Christ-minded perspective, we access the relational model that Jesus sets forth, and gain an understanding of the greater impact in God's people and for the Kingdom that is at stake.
We recognize that our racial brokenness profoundly affects daily life around us in ongoing and unjust ways, bringing lasting harm to those affected and hindering our Christian witness to the world. Therefore, we hope in God's promises for a redeemed and reconciled world and rejoice in the opportunity to participate in their fruition.
Follow us through email, RSS feed, or Twitter.
| ...yet what 'Strange Fruit' we have. |
- Racism is a real and pervasive system of oppression dividing God's Kingdom.
- A divided, hurting body of Christ hinderss our witness to the world, hampers our personal relationship with God, and perpetuates our global sinful brokenness and injustice.
- Justice and diversity are important to God, and are part of God's vision for a redeemed Kingdom.
- The Church has made egregious errors in our racial history, the consequences of which we continue to bear.
- The Church continues to perpetuate racial injustice today, causing pain that often goes unrecognized and unacknowledged.
- However, the Church also has incredible potential to usher radical racial redemption, and to be a balm of justice & hope to the world through the model of Jesus Christ.
- It is important for those traditionally in positions of power and privilege to educate themselves and to take action to redeem broken relationships & systemic injustice.
- By God's grace, we all have the opportunity to not only right our own wrongs, but to dramatically advance racial justice and reconciliation, reshaping the world's understanding of who God is and what God desires for God's people.
Website design graciously provided by @SideHustleStory